Jose Rodriguez's Blog 4
The lecture with Kirsten Johnson was a very interesting lecture, it was very different from what I was expecting. Even though she puts me and other students in the spot, I still liked her presentation, she went around asking student individual questions, something which I believed help keep students engaged and curious to who she will got next. I liked when she talked about her film making process, how she mentions that she got down on the floor just to get a shot of some carrots, and there were even some children who were laughing at her. I liked this part because it shows how far she was willing to go to get the shot that she wanted. This shows how a filmmaker is always trying different positions to find the perfect angle for the shots. I also liked when she mention that every filmmaker has their own way of filming, like when she used the example of a friends of her who is very short yet is an amazing filmmaker because she is able to film in her own unique way thanks to her short height. She also mention something about getting to know people better, getting to the boundaries that people have, like what that person is willing to do and what they don't want others to do around them, this is something that I consider very important because getting to know who you are working with is a tip that can be helpful in any career path. I believed this Is the reason she made us look at each other’s eyes for 2 minutes, so we can get to know each other better, so we can learn how much we can do in just two minutes. Overall, she was a very interesting speaker and I learned some useful information from her experience as a filmmaker and as well and some tips on working with others.
Comments
Post a Comment