Jose Rodriguez: Samuel Moaz, Mater Class, Extra Credit
Attending
Samuel Moaz master was an experience that helped me better understand what makes
a good director. What interested me the most about this master class was
learning about the life of a director. I consider him to have a very
interesting and inspirational life, being raise in a not so wealthy family who
were holocaust survivor, yet he never let anything stop him from pursuing his
love for film. Ever since he was a kid, he always loves film and he constantly
practice filming with his father, something which shows me that he really loves
what he was doing, and he had a lot of passion for filming. This make me
realized that passion is one of the most important qualities needed to succeed
in a filming career. I also learned many tips on making a good film. For
example, I learned that the best way to show emotion is through the expression
of the actors rather what they are saying, also it is important to use narrow
point of views it you want to focus better on the character and not to get
emotionally attached to an actor, something which I never consider but I understand
why it might become a problem during filming. Something that I found very
interesting is how during the filming of
"Lebanon," he put his actors in a dark and hot container so
they could get the feeling of being trap in a tank and put them in a state of
mind similar to how it would be if they were in a real war. Overall, Samuel
Moaz master class helped me learn a lot about filming because I was able to
learn what makes a good film director and some guidelines that I need to follow
to create emotionally striking and memorable films.
Comments
Post a Comment