Jose Rodriguez Artist Statement


Ever since I was a kid, I always loved art and so I decided to become an artist, but as I grew older I realized that I also love technology, even more than I liked art. Through my life people have always told me how talent and creative I was, so when I started college I decided to choose a major where I could use my skills of art and on love for technology in a meaningful way. For this reason, I choose to study Web Design at Bronx Community College. I always been curious of how technology works, on what way will it help us in the future or harm our society. So, when I transfer to Hunter College, I decided to major on Computer Science, sadly computer science proved to be too much for me because no matter how much I love technology, math has always been my weakness. So, I once again I change my major, this time to Emerging Media, which I consider to be the perfect major where I can combine my talent for art and design and my love for technology, to create something immersive and interactive, something that will keep people engaged and wanting for more. 

One of my biggest influence is a video game called "Persona 5" even though the story was very well written, what interest me the most was not the story but the unique and interactive User Interface, that was present in the game. The way this game combined graphic design with video games machinists greatly enhance the experience of those who were playing it. From the use of colors, to characters appearance and music, it all put itself together to give the player the feeling that this is more than just a game, this is a work of art. I believe that art and technology, is something that can bring us all together because thanks to technologies, like phones and the internet, we are always connected and I believe that good design like UI interface, and Web Design can greatly enhance our experience in the internet and our interest in certain topics. By becoming an emerging media student, I plan on increasing  my understanding of how the media works, and how I can use it to promote and share my ideas with as many people as possible. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jose Rodriguez: Samuel Moaz, Mater Class, Extra Credit

Jose Rodriguez's Blog 4

Jose Rodriguez's Kirsten Johnson - Cameraperson Extra credit